Join us in our campaigns for clean air, sustainable neighborhoods, and environmental justice.
Our workgroup focuses on improving the environmental health and quality for all residents in West and Central Long Beach. With our communities sharing a fence with the 710 Freeway and the Port of Long Beach, protecting our air quality and the sustainability of our communities is our main priority. For more information about the Environmental Health Workgroup, email Amy Cabrera Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the next workgroup meeting, visit www.bhclongbeach.org/calendar.
Campaigns and Projects
- Central Long Beach Solar Installation
- Long Beach Toxic Tour
- West Long Beach Community Fair
- EHWG Values Document: The Values documents outlines the history, membership, and collaborative values of our workgroup.
- AskCHIS: AskCHIS is a tool that allows you to quickly search for health statistics on your county, region and state. AskCHIS draws upon the responses of more than 50,000 Californians interviewed by The California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) - the largest state health survey in the United States.
- AskCHIS Neighborhood Edition: Provides health estimates for California's diverse population at the local level (zip codes and cities). With AskCHIS NE, you can get estimates on top health indicators for your zip code, city, county and legislative district.
- CalEnviroScreen 3.0: CalEnviroScreen is a screening methodology that can be used to help identify California communities that are disproportionately burdened by multiple sources of pollution